Equipping Evangelists Coaching with The Cross Current helps churches discern qualified candidates for this role and then disciple them to become equipping evangelists.
Evangelists are equipped by example with the custom training and tools needed to unify and multiply their churches in the gospel long-term.
Deliverables of our Equipping Evangelist Coaching for qualified candidates include:
- Teaching in the essential doctrines and practices of equipping evangelism.
- Developing a customized action plan to begin the process of normalizing the gospel in the everyday life of your entire church.
- Equipping a Gospel Outreach (“GO”) Leader and Teams within your church toward multiplying ministry long-term.
- Training to host events and opportunities to increase your church’s passion and participation in gospel ministry together.
- Connecting with other equipping evangelists to share our experiences, expertise, and collaborate in the gospel together.
Please take the time to watch this core teaching video from our Equipping Evangelists Coaching course and read the FAQ’s before contacting us about your candidate below.
Like every Christ-follower, your candidate should be actively doing “the work of an evangelist” (2 Tim. 4:5) through sharing the gospel, but also may possess a God-given call of an equipping evangelist to “equip the saints” for the work of gospel ministry (Eph. 4:11-12).
Though we have coached equipping evangelists who work on staff at a local church, practically it’s preferred that this be a volunteer church ministry role with your candidate working in your surrounding community in regular contact and conversation with non-Christians.
Though gospel missions partner churches with The Cross Current do enjoy a partner discount on our Equipping Evangelists Coaching and all of the other gospel ministry services we offer, approved candidates from any church can still participate.
Our Equipping Evangelists Coaching requires a focused investment of between 10 and 15 hours per week, depending on the evangelism experience and expertise of your candidate and discipleship dynamics of your church.
Our Equipping Evangelists Coaching integrates (online) classroom and course coaching, (onsite) church event coaching, and (offsite) community/field coaching to help your church disciple a qualified candidate to equip your own saints for the work of gospel ministry together.
As a church leader, biblically supporting your candidate requires you to consistently do the work of an evangelist in personal witness (2 Tim. 4:5), and also faithfully shepherd your equipping evangelist and others engaged in gospel ministry (1 Pet. 5:2).